Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Latest Self-Indulgence

I have become a cliche.

I am now a blogger.

This new exercise in self-indulgence roughly coincides with my relocation from Hopkinsville, Kentucky, to Jacksonville, Florida. It is a time to try new things, have new experiences, and write about them to a potential audience of millions, and an actual audience of... well... probably less than that.

But what the hell?

In the coming days, months, years, and decades, watch this space for my contrarian views on life, politics, my full-time work as a financial representative (or whatever else I end up doing), my part-time work as a security guard at Jacksonville Jaguars games and other events in Jacksonville, the law, Jacksonville from a newcomer's perspective, Hopkinsville from the perspective of someone who fled, family, and politics.

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

Geez, Spk, why'd you go and do that?! (Move away from Hoptown, that is, not start a blog. I understand about the blog. Watch out, though. It's addictive.)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Sparky said...

Thanks for the comment, Genevieve!

My family and I left Hopkinsville for a range of personal and profeesional issues, with the thought that there would be more opportunities for all of us elsewhere. so far, that's proving to be true. but the decision was not an easy one, and we miss lots of people and things about Hopkinsville. Hopefully, I'll have the chance to blog about the good, bad and ugly of hopkinsville in the relatively near future.

And WOW, your blog is beautiful, Genevieve!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home